Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I purchased one of these network adapters for my nephew, hoping to save $50 by skipping the Microsoft brand wireless N adapter, and I regretted it the moment I started trying to install it for him. The installation is ridiculously convoluted, and I'd consider myself an expert with computers and networking. The software included with it is poorly coded and barely works, and it turns out the adapter won't work with dsl or fios at all. I ended up taking a quick drive to a Gamestop and getting the Microsoft branded N product, which took all of five minutes to set up.
Before returning this product, I decided to give it a shot with my Comcast Extreme 50 home connection. Once I managed to get the thing working it couldn't handle the speed of my connection and throttled it down to 15mbit.
Do yourself a favor and avoid this thing at all costs, if you need a wireless adapter and can't afford the Microsoft wireless N, buy one of the older Microsoft wireless G adapters - you'll get the same speed due to the throttling on the madcatz product and you'll avoid a massive headache when trying to install the little nightmare.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Mad Catz MCB04704N/04/1 Wireless Gaming Network for Xbox 360 and PS3
Wireless broadband Internet connection for Xbox 360 and PS3. Fast and easy configuration . Quick setup button for seamless gaming console integration. Connects to console's ethernet port. Compatible with 802.11 b/g/n wireless networks. Enable up to 7 times faster game play
0 comments:
Post a Comment