Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I already own the first generation MadCatz SF4 TE, and I decided I wanted another stick.
I don't play SF4 anymore but I am very much into BlazBlue, and I've not surprisingly ordered Continuum Shift already. This stick is pretty much exactly as the 1st gen TE was when I bought it, the Sanwa pushbuttons and Sanwa JLF stick are as responsive as ever. I personally love the artwork, blue bezel and full piano black sides.
The stick has very clearly been made with Super Street Fighter 4's TE S adjustments in mind, as the Lock key does indeed lock the Start/Select buttons as well, although it keeps the sides unlike the TE S (many would prefer this though, since the TE S's lack of sides can irritate your wrist).
As for the 50 USD price premium over the standard 150 USD SF4 sticks, I believe this is justified because you are paying for a limited run stick. The box it comes in isn't as well-crafted as the SF4 TE box, but the artwork on it and the stick is just fantastic and the 'Limited Run' print just makes it even more special. I think one of the coolest additions is the stick number given on the bottom of the stick, which is given in ####/1500 format. The fact that you can identify which of the 1500 sticks made on each platform you have is a really cool addition.
My final thoughts are -- incredible stick, as expected from the MadCatz TE line, and combines the best parts of the TE and TE S in one with great artwork (stick and case) and paint job. For any limited run collector's, the 50 USD premium should be completely fine. Personally I had to also pay import fees to Canada, and I still think it was worth it since I am a huge BlazBlue fan and I also like collecting limited editions. Too bad there is no North American Continuum Shift LE, that would be the perfect complement to this stick.
Click Here to see more reviews about: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Fightstick Tournament Limited Edition
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Tournament Edition Features: Authentic Japanese-style Sanwa Denshi joystick & buttons; 8-button layout with additional multi-speed turbo functionality; Premium-quality components with genuine arcade layout; Controller lock/unlock switch prevents accidental button presses; Connect to console via lag free USB; Storage compartment for efficient cable management; 3-way switch enables joystick to function as left or right analog stick or Integrated headset port for use with Xbox LIVE (Xbox 360 version only). Officially licensed and designed by Arc System Works and Aksys Games; Only 1,500 individually numbered joysticks for each platform.
0 comments:
Post a Comment