Friday, September 16, 2011

Ear Force PX5 Programmable Wireless 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Headset with Bluetooth Review

Ear Force PX5 Programmable Wireless 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Headset with Bluetooth
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I've had the Triton AxPro, X41, X31, Astro, and now the PX5.(All from Amazon, which was awesome this time as always) These are the best sounding by a landslide. Why the 4 star rating? Well, until I can customize my mic settings and edit my audio presets, and change "the voice" (yes, the headphones talk)... I can only rate it four stars. 5 is perfect. These are not. I facebooked TurtleBeach and asked whats up with the software that the manual and box say is on their website. "It isn't up there yet, it will be in a couple of days". Furthermore, that same manual makes mention of a Bluetooth adapter for the 360 controller for complete wireless chat... Also absent from their website. So those are the shortcomings for now. I hope the website is updated within 27 days, if not I will have to return these as they are only half what the box says they are. No editing mic levels, no voice morph, no custom presets, and no Bluetooth dongle.
All that said, they are awesome. Switching from Pandora on iPhone 4 to Black Ops is effortless. In fact they can be done at the same time! And I've named "her" Barbra. She tells me where we are in the presets: 1 ... 2 ... 3 and so on, or "Bluetooth on" or "Headset pairing". They are really quite amazing. The distance is larger from base to head as well. I can clearly hear BLOPS in the bathroom for those 1 minute breaks- whereas with the x41 I was constantly met with signal loss. When these do lose signal, the transition is MUCH less jarring. The game sounds simply cut in and out until they are gone all together. They fade back in the same way. Lastly, not one pop, absolutely no hiss, not one crackle in range. The only audio flaw is that when "she" says "Bluetooth powering off" the "...off" fades out a bit. Those other things missing are icing on the cake. But the cake cost 250$ and I don't like cake without icing. Hopefully an update will follow, that is positive.FOLLOW UP:
I had to return the headset to Amazon. Booooo. Yes, there is some software on TB website. As kitschy as a "voice morph" is... It simply doesn't warrant a 250$ price tag. The actual "real" software is still absent from their website (Whatever "Coming Soon" means). I want to adjust, at the very least, some generic "bass" setting or tinker with a "treble" slider. In addition to that flagrant faux pas, there is no Bluetooth dongle to be had for us 360 exclusive gamers. BOTH of these items are listed IN THE MANUAL and in the description of their product on their own site! This is not to diminish the quality of either the build or the sound. Both are superior to their the X41 model. But not for almost double the cost. Until the price comes down, and/or these other two items are available... I will not recommend this product. Continue to enjoy the X41. In fact, buy two and let the wife enjoy some quality sounds while gaming or watching a flick or two. I do miss these cans, but I not as much as I missed the $$$. I hope to update again soon. I also hope I can do more than be blinded by their beauty and gush over their sound. Maybe I could even review this elusive software, and even more mysterious Bluetooth dongle. By then, I bet they are at least 50$ cheaper too. Which in turn will likely pay for a portion of the sure-to-be over priced dongle.
Also, I don't care to be involved in the flame debate below... Nothing personal, I'd just rather be playing video games... Or eating broken glass.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Ear Force PX5 Programmable Wireless 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Headset with Bluetooth

The PX5 is the most technologically-advanced headset ever designed for PS3 and XBOX 360 gaming, incorporating a programmable digital signal processor to allow independent customization of the chat, game and microphone signals. Custom presets stored in the headset can be selected during specific parts of the game to emphasize sounds like footsteps or reloads that might otherwise be difficult to hear. It can even be programmed to disguise your voice or to enhance the voices of online players so you can hear them more clearly during intense parts of the game. The PX5 is also the first headset to incorporate dual radios-one for immersive, Dolby Digital surround sound game audio and another for chat on the PlayStation Network via Bluetooth. The Bluetooth feature also supports stereo audio streaming for listening to music while playing a game and can also be used to accept phone calls while playing the game. Although optimized for PS3 and Xbox 360 gaming, the PX5 is also perfect for watching movies and listening to music, with its impeccable audio performance, large, deep, fabric cushions, soft headband, and twist cup designed for resting the headset on your shoulders. The PX5 marks the beginning of a new breed of wireless gaming headset that serves as the ultimate 'secret weapon" in the arsenal of serious gamers seeking unmatched audio quality, sonic control and a competitive advantage.

Buy NowGet 15% OFF

Click here for more information about Ear Force PX5 Programmable Wireless 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Headset with Bluetooth

0 comments:

Post a Comment