Monday, April 30, 2012

Power Gig: Rise of the SixString Review

Power Gig: Rise of the SixString
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I had been holding off on this game but I saw it on sale much cheaper somewhere else (sorry Amazon) so I picked it up. It's got some different songs than RB (Rock Band)/GH (Guitar Hero) so I figured I'd give it a whirl. And it said it was compatible with RB/GH controllers, so win-win right?
Pros: some good songs not available on other games. Appears to have a storyline (so far feels a little like GH: warriors of rock).
Cons: gameplay isnt that great - it's different from what I'm used to. hitting the notes is touchier so it's telling me I'm missing when I don't feel like i am - notes are smaller so calibration is essential, and their calibration system is lacking.
BOTTOM LINE: if you are really into music games and have patience, or you know someone who hasn't gotten into RB/GH, then this may work if its cheap enough.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Power Gig: Rise of the SixString

Power Gig: Rise of the SixString will transport players to an entirely new universe, with its own mythology, politics, settings, heroes and villains, where music rules all. On the gameplay front, Power Gig uses new technology that represents the next evolution of music performance games to provide all players — from casual gamers to the hardcore, from those who have never before picked up a guitar to those who play guitar on a regular basis — with a more authentic and fun experience. The game offers two overarching modes of play. In addition to traditional beat-matching that will be familiar to fans of the band game genre, Power Gig also introduces the option to switch on chording, or chord play. Chording presents the added challenge of playing the game using chords that require specific finger placement on the strings. As players progress through the game, becoming more comfortable with a genuine guitar and potentially choosing to play real power chords, they will find that the byproduct of playing the game is coming away from it with an understanding of some real-life guitar fundamentals.

Buy NowGet 72% OFF

Click here for more information about Power Gig: Rise of the SixString

0 comments:

Post a Comment