Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)After having several of the cheap, flimsy official XBox 360 headsets break over the years, I finally decided to upgrade to a sturdier one. After doing a LOT of research, I decided to try out the new Gamecom X95 from Plantronics. While Turtle Beach offers excellent headsets, I found the prices a little too beyond my range, especially for the wireless ones (Turtle Beach X31, X41). I know Plantronics is new to this market, but from using their telephone headsets frequently at work, I knew they boasted very high quality. While an official, wired Xbox 360 headset will run you around $20, I managed to get these for $33 through Amazon's Warehouse Deals (with free shipping). If they were not to my satisfaction, I would have just returned them for a refund. To my delight, they have proven to be an outstanding headset. The sound quality is exceptional; I was surprised to see that it wasn't Dolby Surround Sound after listening to them. It's so good that you'd swear they were. There's a lot of bass, and you'll pick up on things you'd never hear just through your television. The setup was simple, although the instructions could have been a little more detailed. You just plug the audio outputs (red and white cables) from the XBox through the ones included with the adapter, pop in the batteries, plug into your controller, and you're good to go. Keep in mind the wireless is only the sound from the television; you still have to plug into the controller to chat. With that in mind, if you wanna save the batteries, you can leave the headset feed from the television off but still use the chat function without draining them. They are much more stylish and comfortable than your basic XBox 360 headset. The earphones are nicely padded, and I haven't noticed any discomfort with wearing them for a long period of time. A great advantage of these headphones is that you can mute your television while still receiving the volume input through the headphones, preventing others from being annoyed at the loudness. In that regard, they'd be excellent for watching DVDs or Netflix while not disturbing others. The mic can be shortened and tucked away under the left earpiece for convenience. Honestly, my only complaint is that the wire from the headset to the controller is a little bit short; for most intents and purposes, it's fine, but it could use a little more range. That's just getting nitpicky though. I was extremely fortunate to get them for so cheap. I would be willing to spend much more for a headset of this quality. Fortunately, you don't have to. For $59, this headset is a steal next to the more expensive alternatives. You won't regret it!
Click Here to see more reviews about: Plantronics Gamecom X95
GameCom X95 for Xbox - Wireless
Click here for more information about Plantronics Gamecom X95
0 comments:
Post a Comment