Saturday, August 25, 2012

Modsticks Pro Set Xbox 360 Controller FPS Analog Gaming Mod Sticks - Color Black Review

Modsticks Pro Set Xbox 360 Controller FPS Analog Gaming Mod Sticks - Color Black
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I purchased this item as an alternative to the FPS Freek. I recommend watching the YouTube instructional video on how to install. After watching it, I had no problem installing the sticks and Dpad. The instructions included with the item leave much to be desired. But the video makes up for it.
Ok, short and sweet.
Good
- easy to install (took me 10 minutes)
- the stick height is adjustable
- they are made of metal
- the Dpad joystick is an excellent idea, and seems like it would be perfect for fighters
- the taller stick provides improved accuracy just like the FPS Freek
My game of choice is Battlefield Bad Company 2; a game with touchy aiming. It took me a few matches, but as soon as I got used to the increased stick height, I did notice I was pulling off some very good shots with ease. Also, as advertised, the Dpad joystick makes it super easy to access the grenade launcher (left on Dpad) and ammo pack (right on Dpad).
Bad (not stuff that should keep you from buying the product but, stuff worth noting)
- the sticks are made of metal which is great, but the lack of a rubber grip means your thumbs will slide a little more
- I noticed my thumb was running into the Dpad joystick when going for the select button (something I see myself getting used to though)
- the instruction sheet included is kind of a joke (just watch the video)
Overall
I recommend these. I plan on buying some rubber grips to put on thumbsticks. Once I do that, I think they'll be perfect. Also worth noting is I had the left stick raised to it's maximum height, and I found it a little harder than normal to press down on the left stick to sprint while pushing forward on the stick to run forward. However, I lowered the left stick to the medium height and that fixed the problem. So, all that really only show is one of the great things about this: it's customizable. I have the left stick on medium, and the right stick on long. Also, if I got tired of my thumb hitting the Dpad joystick when I go for the select button, then I could just remove the joystick and make it a normal Dpad.
So, buy these. I was kind of wary of the FPS Freek product because of customers reporting that they ruin the rubber on their thumbsticks. I really can't give a comparison beyond that because I've never used them. All I can really do is comment on the quality of this product. For the shooter fan(or fighter fan who doesn't have enough dough for a good gamepad) who is looking to get the edge, this really is a must buy.
UPDATE:
So, I've had these for about two weeks now. I love the Dpad toggle stick. I have both sticks raised to their maximum height (blue and black spacers). And I went ahead and purchased the fusion and domed grips from the modsticks website.
Don't buy the domed grips, the fusion grips are the superior. Way better than the stock grip too. In fact, I think the manufacturer should just scrap the stock grips and make the fusion grips come standard with purchase. I find that my thumbs no longer slip while using this product with the fusion grips.
Another thing I'd like to comment on is how smooth these sticks are.
EXAMPLE:
I play Pinball FX 2 on XBLA. This game has an adjustable ball launch for each table. You adjust the power of the launch the right thumbstick. These sticks allow more precision than the stock thumbstick. With the stock thumbsticks, I found it difficult to adjust the power to a precise level. With this product, I have very little problem adusting the power to what I want. It's just smoother. I'm sure people who play that game know exactly what I'm talking about. It's kind of hard to explain.
Great product.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Modsticks Pro Set Xbox 360 Controller FPS Analog Gaming Mod Sticks - Color Black

Does not include controller.Huge upgrade from fps freeks. Modsticks Pro - Hardcore analog sticks with adjustable height and interchangeable top grips includes hardware & spacers.Steady Aim - By increasing the height of the toggle stick you gain a mechanical advantage over standard controllers.The toggle movements will feel very precise even on high sensitivity settings.Max Travel - 20% MORE TRAVEL The stem of the analog toggle sticks are much narrower than a standard controller giving the controller a greater range of movement.(Most games this will give your player faster rotation without increasing your controller sensitivity.)Modsticks Pro D Pad - with an optional toggle stick mount in the center of the D Padyou can make instant D pad selectionswith a snap of your thumb.

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Modsticks Pro Set Xbox 360 Controller FPS Analog Gaming Mod Sticks - Color Black

0 comments:

Post a Comment