Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I read a lot of reviews when looking for headphones to play my 360 with. I read good and bad reviews on all of them and no products (that I could afford) stood out. I saw these on amazon and pre-ordered them for a few reasons. 1. They werent crazy expensive ($60) which is what I was prepared to spend anyhow and none of the other headphones in that price range had all glowing reviews. 2. They were sold as HDMI compatible. 3. They looked SWEET.
In a lot of the other reviews with headphones like this, there would be a hiss or buzz when you plugged the microphone in to the controller. Well nothing has changed. As soon as you plug the cord in to the 360 controller there is an immediate ringing in your ears. I dont know why they havent figured out how to stop this but by and large, this is a consistent complaint on darn near every set of headphones out there.
Besides the the mic problem above I dont have an issue with these headphones. Bass comes through clear without being overwhelming. I like the removable and flexible mic. The HDMI pass through works very well. I have my 360 hooked to my surround sound system. If I plug the headphones in, the sound comes through both the speakers and the headphones. Then it is just a matter of turning down the surround sound. If you are not running HDMI you are still good to go with these as they provide whatever plugs you will need. There are separate volume controls for the game and chat and also a mute switch. I have worn the headphones for hours at a time now and they didnt become uncomfortable. The padding on the ears is very soft and incredibly comfortable.
Now these are sold as strictly 360 but if you take a stereo cable like you would use to plug an MP3 player in to an aux port in the car in place of the 360 mic plug"3.5mm Stereo Male / 3.5mm Stereo Male, 2 ft", they work just fine on the computer.
When I pre-ordered the headphones I was slightly nervous. When I plugged the mic in to the controller and heard the ringing noise, I was bummin. Now that I have used them a while I love them. I only notice the ringing at the dashboard or at the lobby or in menu of the game. During actual play I dont notice it at all. Bottom line: the AX120's are a solid choice for a $60 price tag
Click Here to see more reviews about: Xbox 360 Tritton AX 120 Performance Gaming Headset
The Tritton AX 120 will take your gaming to the next level, on Xbox360. Powered by USB, the AX120 outputs high-fidelity game and chat audio through 2 precision tuned 40mm speakers with Neodymium magnets.On Xbox360, you can tweak your chat volume and voice volume separately on-the-fly allowing you to optimize your audio-experience. An inline breakaway junction ensures trip-safe gaming. Turn your gaming headset into an MP3 headset on the fly with the removable microphone and included bonus MP3 extension cable. No external power necessary. HD audio dongle included free, perfect for Xbox360 consoles hooked up via HDMI. The Tritton AX 120 works with all X360 consoles out of the box, no extra purchase required.
Click here for more information about Xbox 360 Tritton AX 120 Performance Gaming Headset
0 comments:
Post a Comment