Friday, August 19, 2011

James Bond 007: Blood Stone Review

James Bond 007: Blood Stone
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
So I picked up Blood Stone last night and decided to keep it despite the horrible early review of 5/10 by IGN.
Blood Stone is Splinter Cell Conviction meets The Bourne Conspiracy, meets Batman Arkham Asylum. It borrows Convictions Mark & Execute feature which is granted one mark at a time by hand-to-hand combat (which is pretty satisfying by the way), and also has a lot of stealth elements. The running and takedowns reminded me a lot of Bourne, also with high octane chases and so forth. It borrows from Batman by using his Smartphone to see where enemies are on the map, with minor detective work.
I have 3 gripes with the game though:
1. It incredibly short... I beat it last night with a time of 5 hours.
2. The cut-scenes and lip synching are definitely not polished.
3. The sound is really bad; I usually have my receiver at -24 for gaming, but I had to turn it up to -18 for decent sound.
I can see why IGN was so harsh, but on the other hand I can see why Game Informer gave it 7/10. Despite the listed problem, this actually was a very entertaining game, but at the moment it's more a rental than a $60 purchase.
There are however certain areas that have polish... the hand-to-hand combat is perfect in every which way, it's very easy to silently take someone down, and the transition from gun shooting to a takedown is just as seamless as SC or UC. I thought the guns handling was awesome, and the focus mode is really easy to switch to when several guys are shooting at you.
The car chases are actually pretty decent, way better than the crap they put on The Bourne Conspiracy. You have about 4 chases and each one is unique and gives a nice break in-between stealth and gun fights.
So if anyone is on the fence in here, I would say if you love games like Splinter Cell and The Bourne Conspiracy, then you will definitely love Blood Stone. However, I honestly don't believe it's worth $60... I would either rent it, or wait for black Friday or even Christmas. I guarantee the games price will be chopped in half by then.
Edit your post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
So I picked up Blood Stone last night and decided to keep it despite the horrible early review of 5/10 by IGN.
Blood Stone is Splinter Cell Conviction meets The Bourne Conspiracy, meets Batman Arkham Asylum. It borrows Convictions Mark & Execute feature which is granted one mark at a time by hand-to-hand combat (which is pretty satisfying by the way), and also has a lot of stealth elements. The running and takedowns reminded me a lot of Bourne, also with high octane chases and so forth. It borrows from Batman by using his Smartphone to see where enemies are on the map, with minor detective work.
I have 3 gripes with the game though:
1.It incredibly short... I beat it last night with a time of 5 hours.
2.The cut-scenes and lip synching are definitely not polished.
3.The sound is really bad; I usually have my receiver at -24 for gaming, but I had to turn it up to -18 for decent sound.
I can see why IGN was so harsh, but on the other hand I can see why Game Informer gave it 7/10. Despite the listed problem, this actually was a very entertaining game, but at the moment it's more a rental than a $60 purchase.
There are however certain areas that have polish... the hand-to-hand combat is perfect in every which way, it's very easy to silently take someone down, and the transition from gun shooting to a takedown is just as seamless as SC or UC. I thought the guns handling was awesome, and the focus mode is really easy to switch to when several guys are shooting at you.
The car chases are actually pretty decent, way better than the crap they put on The Bourne Conspiracy. You have about 4 chases and each one is unique and gives a nice break in-between stealth and gun fights.
So if anyone is on the fence in here, I would say if you love games like Splinter Cell and The Bourne Conspiracy, then you will definitely love Blood Stone. However, I honestly don't believe it's worth $60... I would either rent it, or wait for black Friday or even Christmas. I guarantee the games price will be chopped in half by then.Guidelines


Click Here to see more reviews about: James Bond 007: Blood Stone

An international conspiracy has placed the UK's most secretive bio-chemical project into deadly hands, and only Her Majesty's most lethal agent, James Bond, can unravel the mystery. To navigate through layers of corruption, you, as Bond, will embark on a global chase that will have you battling on land, sea, and air through Athens, Istanbul, Monaco, and Bangkok. Nothing is what it seems as each adventure reveals a deeper and more sinister conspiracy. Engage in precise cover-based gunplay and tactical firefights, and speed your way through explosive adrenaline-fueled driving sequences. Become Bond as he engages in intense hand-to-hand combat and uses his environment to finish off enemies. Take the battle online in a 16-person multiplayer mode that requires skill, teamwork and strategy as you compete in matches that will have spies battling mercenaries. In the fight to prevent the world's most dangerous weapon from falling into the wrong hands, you'll need to be the ultimate secret agent.

Buy NowGet 6% OFF

Click here for more information about James Bond 007: Blood Stone

0 comments:

Post a Comment