Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I've been looking forward to the Onza for a while, and after getting one and playing with it, I can say that it almost lives up to the hype. It's not quite perfect, but it's still the best controller you can buy for the Xbox.
Compared to the standard 360 controller, the joysticks are slightly taller, which gives you a fair amount more precision with your movements. The standard edition of this controller doesn't have the adjustable tension that the pro edition does, but honestly, I think the tension is perfect as it is. It's a bit less tight than the standard 360 controller, and there's also much less wobble around the center.
The face buttons are great, also, and click with very little effort or travel distance. There's a pretty noticeable difference in how quickly I can press buttons due to the decreased tension and distance.
The d-pad is great also, but it's also the one area where the Onza really falls short. The original 360 controller uses a disc for the d-pad, which is absolutely terrible. The only way I can think of to make it worse would be to not have a d-pad at all. The Onza has four separate buttons for each direction, and the way they're laid out makes it easy to know exactly which direction you're pushing. Also, the way the buttons are laid out is great if you like to put the tip of your thumb on the d-pad and move it around, but if you like to rest the heel of your thumb in the center and rock it back and forth, it just doesn't feel quite as precise as a good old cross-shaped d-pad. Maybe I'll get used to it eventually.
The problem with the d-pad is that, unlike the A/B/X/Y buttons, the directions have to travel a fair distance before they click. I'd estimate it's at least a millimeter or so. There's also a fair amount of friction, so you do have to use a little bit of force to push them down. It's not a dealbreaker by any means, but one has to wonder how Razer could have included such an obvious flaw on the d-pad when the other face buttons are perfect.
I suppose the extra shoulder buttons are nice, too, but I'm having trouble thinking of situations in which I would ever use them. All you can do is map them to pressing a different button on the game pad, so I guess it would make it easier to push a shoulder button and another at the same time. If you plug the Onza into a PC, the extra shoulder buttons aren't recognized as distinct buttons -- they still have to be mapped to something else. It's a little disappointing, but not a huge deal.
Overall, the Onza's a great controller. It has a little bit of room for improvement, but it's still the best 360 controller you can buy.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Razer Onza Professional Gaming Controller
Created to improve the gaming experience the Razer Onza is designed with unique features including two extra buttons that bring an element of customization to the Xbox 360 controller. Putting two Multi-Function Buttons (MFB) at the fingertips, the Razer Onza allows gamers to configure the controller to their individual preferences. An improved D-pad, Hyperesponse technology on the action buttons, and PC compatibility make the Razer Onza the choice for any gamer. With a 15 foot super long lightweight cable and a quick release USB connector, the Razer Onza is made for lag free gameplay even during the most action packed moments.
Click here for more information about Razer Onza Professional Gaming Controller
0 comments:
Post a Comment