Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Fist of the North Star fans and fans of the genre, FOTNS: Ken's rage is pretty awesome! My only complaint so far and the reason I give it 4 instead of 5 stars is that the camera can be a pain at times and the repetitive nature of these types of games can turn some people off. It has a couple of different modes, legend mode is the story mode and I have to say it follows the story really well, the stages are more linear than Dynasty Warriors which are usually more open battle fields with both enemy and ally units running around fighting, in legend mode its pretty much just you against a ton of bad guys and let me just say the game isn't easy, in Dynasty Warriors normal enemies just walk around and wait for you to kill them but in FOTNS regular enemies will attack and do attack and are very capable of kicking the crap out of you, last night I taunted a group of enemies which enrages them and causes them to attack like a pack of wild dogs, needless to say i'm not sure why anyone would want to do that and I will never do it again as I found myself dead in a matter of seconds.
I've heard some reviewers complain about boss fights being hard and cheap but so far I have found them to be a good challenge but fun. You don't gain levels in FOTNS like you do in the dynasty warriors games either, instead of leveling up you gain skill points in levels by killing guys and completing objectives and then you can use them on a kind of Final Fantasy sphere grid to unlock new abilities and upgrade your health, attack power, defense, ect. I really like it, I feel like I have more controll over how I want my character to develop. The other mode I tried out last night is dream mode which is kind of a what if game mode, it is stories that aren't from the original FOTNS story and this mode plays like Dynasty Warriors, huge battle fields with both enemies and ally's and your goal is to conquer all of the enemy bases, I quickly found out that this mode is better suited to be played when you have leveled you character up significantly because I got trashed and came no where near beating the first chapter.
So i'm really enjoying the game, it is different than Dynasty Warriors in many ways and similar in others, the story and characters you play as are obviously far more interesting than anything in DW and you have some pretty flashy/brutal attacks that I have yet to get tired of unleashing on the bad guys and with so many super disapointingly short games coming out recently, i'm looking at you Vanquish, Force Unleashed 2 and 007 Blood Stone it's nice to get a game that you can sink a good 50 hrs into. So if you are into the genre or love FOTNS picking this up is a no brainer, it has been easily worth my 60 bucks so far.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage
Prepare for the merciless action and violent hand to hand combat of Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage! Put your martial arts skills to the test against masses of bloodthirsty enemies in this no-holds-barred brawler. A ravaged Earth struggles to survive after the nuclear holocaust has left the world in ruins. Pitiful survivors band together in communities and villages, trying to live on what little resources they have left. In the wastelands beyond, vicious gangs prey on the survivors for their resources, or sometimes just for fun. A mysterious martial artist named Kenshiro, a man with seven scars on his chest and the chosen successor of the legendary assassin's art Hokuto Shinken (The Divine Fist of the North Star) has sworn to protect the weak and innocent from the malicious gangs that roam the scorched planet.
Click here for more information about Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage
0 comments:
Post a Comment