Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I originally purchased the Nox Specialist based on the positive reviews of Darren Kitchen of Hak5. I was in need of a portable but high quality headset for all-around use: gaming, voip, music... everything. Unfortunately, the Specialist wasn't that headset. On the very first day I found myself appalled at poor audio fidelity, not only when compared to my expensive Sennheiser headphones, but also when compared to a cheaper stereo headset I had been using. So right off the bat I found I couldn't them for music, it just sounded too unnatural.
With that off my chest, you'll notice that I didn't send them back (despite the generous 30-day money back guarantee) and I did give them a full 4 stars. For as much as I was disappointed about the fidelity, I was equally impressed by how well they worked for voip and gaming. The microphone is incredible clean and clear and people frequently comment that I sound like I'm in the same room as them. The frequency bias that ruined my music actually pairs very well with the games I play and works fine with just voice. The retractable boom that I originally thought was gimmicky actually works great and places the mic exactly where you want it with no fuss. The earpads are comfortable enough for all-day (or all-night) use. The volume dial on the right ear-cup is smooth and convenient. With the dual-hinges on the ear-cups, the Specialist fold up neatly into a convenient travel size and the included case is perfect for slipping them into a bag without worrying about tangled cords. Speaking of cords, the detachable cord has saved my phones a couple times and the wire stays out of your way without being noisy. Also, being able to plug into my phone is great for when people call me while I'm coding or gaming and can't take my hands off the keys.
So while the Nox Specialist won't replace your audiophile cans for music and movies, it's only because they were designed to be so perfect for gaming and voip. If you're looking for headset to use for voip and/or gaming, I highly recommending trying the Nox Specialist, they're (over) specialized for just that purpose.
Pros:
* Excellent microphone (Really!)
* Convenient volume knob
* Comfortable for long LAN parties
* Lightweight
* Portable, easy to pack
* Detachable cord
* Fits my laptops and my cellphone
* They look pretty good, too
Cons:
* Not audiophile-quality for my music (though still great for gaming and voip)
* The mic-mute switch is a little awkward to operate, bad placement
While I was disappointed about the audio fidelity, considering what they were designed for I would bump it up to 5 stars if they just fixed the mute switch.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Specialist Gaming Headset - Red
The Specialist provides the perfect blend of optimal sound performance, versatile functionality and portability with a stylish design! Works with any PC in addition to the iPod/iPhone for listening to music and cell phone use! Compatible with the XBOX 360, PS3 with Nox Negotiator.
Click here for more information about Specialist Gaming Headset - Red
0 comments:
Post a Comment