Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)This is a great controller for all of us wannabe bass players. I held out for the wireless version and it's excellent. It connected quickly with my console and I was up and running in a couple of minutes. The only real drawbacks are that the sides of the keys are not protected so the can be depressed by your hand if you have large hands, and there is no clearly felt ridge on the yellow key to help quickly reorient yourself when playing a fast full range riff in Hard/Expert. The black inlay is very slightly raised but not enough to easily feel, especially if you have calloused fingertips. As a tall adult, I found the strap about 2 inches short of where I would like it to fall and the neck is a bit narrow; but as it was made for all ages and is one size fits all that's not a really major issue. I've seen some reviewers of the wired version say they dislike the use of a knob instead of a whammy bar; I don't really see the need for it with bass anyway, but the knob works fine and there are plenty of opportunities during long notes to use it. Just like playing the split strum bar it takes a little getting used to. All in all, after a solid day of use, I'd say this is an excellent piece of gear. Playing 2-fingered 5-string bass on Guitar Hero and Rock Band is much more fun and a real challenge. Oh, yeah, did I mention that it works for both Rock Band and Guitar Hero? I tried it with Rock Band and GH World Tour and it did fine. For RB2 there's a switch on the back. Bottom line, if you want to really get the Bass experience and don't want to worry about a wire, this is for you.
UPDATE after a few months of use:
I purchased the wireless XBOX 360 Rock Band Fender bass because I really wanted more of a 'bass' feel while playing RB and GH (it works on both). I must say it was better than I expected and I have much more fun and have improved much faster than I would have playing bass with the standard non-split strum bar of the guitars or the McCartney fiddle head bass (too bad they didn't do split strum bar there!). The action is excellent but takes some getting used to. I would give this 5 stars except for the following (which have nothing really to do with game enjoyment, but can be annoying):
1) The unit doesn't like to turn itself on. Even with fresh batteries you have to play with the button to get it on much of the time.
2) It burns through batteries like crazy. I bought rechargables primarily for this controller and I seem to have to change out almost every time I play (about 1 - 2 hours of use).
3) The headset plug in doesn't work - PERIOD. The input plug receiver is a larger size than the standard headset plug and the adapter recommended in the accompanying paperwork (which isn't very helpful) doesn't fit either. I took a headset with a straight pin plug and put an adapter that fit the bass' input and it still didn't work. You have to use a handset controller to have a headset work while playing on XBOX LIVE.
4) The whammy knob is really not a good idea. It's difficult to use as is the "start" knob which takes a good hard twist to get it to work.
So, with all the problems I noted, why did I give this 4 stars? Because it's absolutely the best bass controller available and for simply playing bass in the game it's FANTASTIC!
Oh yeah, get the ABBEY ROAD add on for "The BEATLES" - some great tunes and excellent bass parts.
Gamer tag: Katkillr
Click Here to see more reviews about: Xbox 360 Rock Band Wireless Fender Precision Bass Replica
Mad Catz' officially licensed Wireless Fender' Precision Bass' Replica is the must-have bass guitar for every Rock Band enthusiast. The custom finish and strap both ensure your bass axe will look as good as the real thing on and off stage. With the premium-quality dual/split strum bar you can hit notes like never before. Its two-piece design allows for two-finger flicking like no other bass can offer, meaning the patent-pending technology provides the extra edge you need to excel in the game. A Whammy dial and an additional set of Fret Buttons for strum-free finger tapping allow the bass to double as a guitar, making it all you need to jam either role in-game. If you had to choose only one bass guitar for throwing down in Rock Band, this feature-rich Wireless Fender' Precision Bass' Replica from Mad Catz would be your only choice.
Click here for more information about Xbox 360 Rock Band Wireless Fender Precision Bass Replica
0 comments:
Post a Comment